Full title: Capacity building in biomedical research through scientific exchange and co-development of research services
Duration: July 2018 – June 2021
Main goal: Strengthening regional capacity and international scientific reputation in biomedical research through effective scientific networking, cross-border research collaboration, and co-development of a research service platform.
- Increased scientific networking and international visibility of the cross-border virology community
- Seminars, workshops and staff exchanges of the project partners
- Development of state-of-the-art service platform for production of biomedical relevant proteins for virology
- Open access to service platform for external users
- Establishment of a long-term and sustainable collaborations
- Memorandum of Understanding between project partners
- Vienna Biocenter Core Facilities GmbH, AT
- Biomedical Research Center SAV, SK
Total costs: € 573.165
Funded by: EU
Funding programme: Interreg V-A Slovakia-Austria
News & Events
CAPSID Closing Event
On June 22nd 2021, the CAPSID Closing Meeting with representative from VBCF, BMC SAV as well as strategic project partners was held online via Zoom. The project partners reported on the successful project completion. Over the past three years, and despite constraints due to Corona pandemic, the project partners achieved the project goals.
On the occasion of the successful completion of the CAPSID project, the VBCF and the BMC SAV signed a Memorandum of Understanding. Joint activities beyond the project duration will ensure a sustainable cooperation in virology research in the cross-border region.
Virology Conference 2019 in Bratislava
CAPSID project members Peggy Stolt-Bergner (VBCF), Ivana Nemcovicova (BMC SAV) and Martin Puchinger (VBCF) participated in the CzechoSlovak Virology Conference together with the 1st SK-AT Structural Biology Meeting 2019 in Bratislava. Read more…
Seminar series started!
In the framework of CAPSID, the seminar series on virology in the cross-boarder region has started with exciting talks by Prof. Ettrich at BMC and VBCF. Read more…
Kick-Off Meeting for Interreg project CAPSID!
On 17th July, the project partners VBCF and BMC met in Vienna to kick-off the Interreg project CAPSID. Read more…